This years Suntouched D-Zero Nationals Championships will take place at Highcliffe Sailing Club from the 24th to 26th June 2016. The entry fee is set at £65 for entries received prior to the 10th June 2016, however Suntouched have said that they will offer a £5 discount to anyone who enters prior to that date. Entries after the 10th June 2016 will be £75 so get your entry in early and save yourself some money! You can find the entry form by clicking here.
Please see the event Notice of Race for more details, it can be found by clicking here.
Food IS included in your entry fee for both the Friday and Saturday evening meals but it must be booked at part of your entry. Please ensure you indicate if you are a vegetarian. The food options are:
Friday: Lasagne for both (meat and vegetarian) with pudding
Saturday: Steak and mushroom pie or mushroom stroganoff with a pudding
Highcliffe have confirmed the following with regards to the nationals:
- There is plenty of space at the club for temporary storage of road trailers during the event
- The club Galley will be doing a basic breakfast or bacon baps for the carnivores in the fleet and egg/tomato baps for the vegetarians
- The parking near the club is Pay and Display. They will have some concessionary tickets available
- Meals on Friday and Saturday evening are included in the entry fee but to help Highcliffe you need to indicate of you will be attending.
- They have a photographer who is willing to take pictures of the event so makes sure you look your best on the water
The class are also currently commissioning a perpetual trophy for the National Championships, more details on this to follow but we may choose to keep the actual design secret until the event.
Early indications from scratch surveys through the fleet show that there should be a great attendance this year, we are hoping for 50 boats to be on the start line.
Here are a few links to local accommodation, most of the local B&Bs seem to be full:
Premier Inn Christchurch East (1.9 miles) (several D-Zero sailors are booked in here already)
Premier Inn Christchurch/Highcliffe (2.8 miles)
Premier Inn Christchurch West (2.9 miles)
Christchurch harbour Hotel and Spa (0.5 miles)
Travelodge Christchurch (2.4 miles)
Leave a Reply